Underweight

I am really thin as per My height. Whatever food I take doesn't work on my body and no food will work in my body.I am genetically thin.
so is there no chance to gain weight if I'm genetically thin???
Is it OK to take weight gain capsules to gain weight??

Doctor Answers (1) on Underweight

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Don't go for any commercial treatment it will be harmful...if your BMI is good nothing much to worry...Weight loss may be due to reduced food intake, organic causes,or psychological disorders; however, among many older adults, no obvious medical cause can be identified. A variety of nonpharmacologic interventions may improve energy intake and lead to weight gain. In some cases, access to quality nutrition is the main issue. The most common approach to the treatment of weight loss among older adults is consumption of high-energy/high-protein oral supplements between meals as a means of increasing daily energy intake. The role for pharmacotherapy remains limited at present.Avoid junk foods,add extra calories to your diet,have 4 to 5 meals rather than large 3...add protein rich foods and healthy fats to diet for e.g..egg white...add fibre rich foods like green leafy veggies,carrots,Apple, etc. Add green tea to your diet .you have to eat more foods high in amino acids,calcium, zinc, iron, copper and magnesium...do regular exercise without failure......consult dietitian for further details