Ulcer on side of tongue

There is a bumpy ulcer on the side of my tongue, near the root of tongue. It has a burning feeling to it. No raised borders. It concerns me because i smoke. Please help asap !

Dr. Sanket Sheth
Dentist 8 yrs exp Mumbai

Hey there! An ulcer on the side of your tongue needs to be checked by a good dentist for the cause, which could be a sharp tooth. Also, if it occurs frequently, it could be a cause of concern. Often, certain vitamin deficiencies can cause ulcers in the mouth. Bottom line, get it checked.
Dr. N Srinivas
Dentist 15 yrs exp Hyderabad
Hello..ulcer on tongue could be due to sharp tooth.kindly visit dentist and quit smoking as it aggrevates the condition of ulcer.
Dr. Harish Rathi
Dentist 37 yrs exp Nagpur
Ulcer of any kind , any size is not good for health.more over ur smoking which aggravates the ulser.so kindly stop smoking and check ur oral cavity to the nearby dentist.
Dr. Yash Agrawal
Dentist 5 yrs exp Nagpur
Get it examined by a professional.... Its of concern n of more if  you suffer such ulcers frequently. Many reasons for ulcer.....local, systemic n vit deficiencies. Get it checked. Dr. Yash Agrawal.