Tooth sensitivity

I was having cap on tooth.it was fine previously. No pain. I got it replaced . Now i have continously pain. What is reaosn and what can be done.

Dr. M. R. Pujari
Dentist 12 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi..I think nerve inside the tooth is exposed. Ask your dentist to solve it. You might need root canal for it. Regards
Dr. Ankit Sharma
Dentist 11 yrs exp Delhi

Nothing can be said without X-ray.. this might be related to RCT.. get RCT done if not done previously or repeat RCT if done improperly.. this will be analysed only by an X-ray..
Dr. Kshitiz Rohilla
Oral Pathologist 11 yrs exp Faridabad

Why was the replacement required if it was fine previously?????? also there should not be any pain if the tooth was root canal treated..... otherwise the mere process of replacing a cap can cause pain or sensitivity..... if the root canal treatment was not done, it should be done now to alleviate the symptoms that you have..... if RCT has already been done, 1 X ray will be required to evaluate the condition of the root canals and the treatment plan can be suggested after that.... Regards.....
Dr. Girish PV
Orthodontist 13 yrs exp Bangalore

Is the tooth root canal treated? If it is then the reason could be improperly done root canal or slight high point in the new crown that had been placed. Get the crown checked for a high point. If its not root canal treated, then there's a very good chance that it will require.
Dr. Shweta motla
Dentist 11 yrs exp Noida
The tooth is rct treated or not ? There could be many reasons . are u feeling high on the area where the cap is placed. Better consult dentist coz there could be some other problem also .u can go for x ray also.