Teeth Selection

I went to the dentist and he asked me which type of teeth I want metal one or ceramic one. I need to know that which one is better metal one or ceramic one ? And what should I opt for ? And what will be approx cost for it.

Dr. Ishan Patel
Dentist 6 yrs exp Ahmedabad
Hello, Regarding your question, crowns are of various types: 1 full metal 2 metal covered with ceramic which is also known as PFM 3 CAD CAM PFM 4 Monolithic full ceramic 5 layered full ceramic I have mentioned these in chronological order starting from lowest price to higher price. You can choose according of which tooth you want to get crown. Regards.
Dr. Anish Goyal
Prosthodontist 7 yrs exp Sirsa
Hi.. Crowns can be metal plus ceramic or only ceramic... All ceramic are better in looks and strength and carries warranty usually. Metal ceramic crowns are equally good for back teeth. I will prefer ceramic for front teeth and metal ceramic for back teeth. Metal ceramic usually costs around 3-5k and ceramic 8-10k depending upon quality and lab we getting it from..