Teeth problem

I was wearing braces 4 almost 2yrs & its almost a yr now treatment is over. I am facing a problem now, food which i chew gets stucked in between d lower jaw teeths(last teeths where d round ring shaped braces were fixed). Whenever i eat food like non veg r little hard foods it gets stucked & pains a lot. pls advice me.

Doctor Answers (5) on Teeth problem

Dr. Rohan Virani Mumbai | Implantologist
Plz get an opg xray done to evaluate your bone condition and alignment of teeth post treatment. . This problem can be easily rectified by combination of scaling and pocket elimination techniques like dental lasers . This is assuming you don't have any cavities. For more info visit www.trisadental.in
After removing bands, there ll b a tendency for spacing to develop. But this space will eventually close up on its own. Till then use an interdental brush or floss and maintain that area cleanly. That ll be suffice ur problem
In orthodontic treatment a band is placed on your molar teeth for anchorage or support ("the round thing in your last lower teeth") to place the band a dentist creates gap initially in the treatment by putting separators (blue ring like stuff) these gaps tend to persists after treatment for some months till that time patient is advised to floss that area regularly or use an interdental brush in that area to clean. The gap would eventually tighten up or get closed as ur teeth will drift forward n tighten the contact with adjacent teeth. Till then my advise would be to follow the same diet u used to while wearing braces ie avoid hard chicken any fibrous food or any aticky food like caramel or food that has threads particle like mango orange or any hard crunchy material. If still the food gets stuck and that gum area pains apply an antibiotic gel like rexidiene , ornigreat, clorni every 3 hrs on affected site for 1 week that would heal the gums and give u relief.
Hi hoping this wil get alright soon..it may be because of molar bands stayed for a long period, creating some interdental space what is causing food lodgement, or as ur ortho is over now teeth are adjusting them in the best occlusion. Whatsoever u need to revisit ur dentist for opinion and by the time keep flossing and try to maintain that area clean..best of luck feel free to ask ne further queries
Hi, well from what u have mentioned it seems to be an issue of spacing between your back teeth. Teeth have a tendency for movement owing to multiple factors and it creates narrow gaps where fibrous foods get stuck easily and are hard to remove. U need to visit your dentist where he/she probably will do a filling there or maybe suggest a crown depending on your precise condition. Note: do not delay your dental visit as food stuck between 2 teeth might end up creating cavities in both the teeth. All the best.