Sugar uric acid

I am suffering from high uric acid levels and was recently diagnosed with sugar. Blood Sugar Fasting : 133 Blood Sugar PP : 229 as on 02/08/2016 Doctor prescribed few medicines to take continuously CoBaDex CZS and Glyciphage. After 15 days of dosage of the medicine my Blood Sugar Random : 171 as on 18/08/2016 Blood Pressure : 130/90 Serum Uric Acid : 5.13 mg/dl For Blood Pressure the doctor prescribed Telma 40 and for Uric acid I was prescribed with Xyloric. I would like to know what all vegetables pulses food items I can intake with all these problems at one time. A specialised diet chart is quit necessary to have.
views-icons 54 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (2) on Sugar uric acid

Dr. Farheen Hyderabad | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Hai its better that you meet a dietitian because diet plays a very important role in diabetes. You should always be in touch with a dietitian. Yours is type 2 diabetes which can also be controlled only with diet and exercise if taken seriously. You may not need medications also.High uric acid levels in the blood stream can lead to a common form of arthritis called gout. To reduce the uric acid levels in blood, you may need to limit intake of alcohol, sugary foods and reduce purine rich foods like meat, poultry, seafood and pulses. Vegetables such as cauliflower, asparagus, spinach, peas and mushroom also contain a lot of purines. Water flushes out toxins including excess uric acid from the body. Have at least 10- 12 glasses of water daily. For diabetes you should follow a diet which is rich in fibre and complex carbohydrates present in whole wheat bread, roti, pulses, oats and ragi. except for roots and tubers like colocasia, potato, beetroot you can have all the vegetables and greens. In fruits you can exclude sapota, custard apple, mango, banana and grapes and you can have a small fruit (about 100gms)daily. Have small and frequent meals. Have regular exercise and eat something before doing the exercise otherwise you might end upj with low sugar level (hypoglycemia).
Dr. Anmona Gupta Delhi | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Hi..yes certainly a customised diet plan is required.. But overall follow these guidelines:

Reduce salt intake n saturated fat

Fruits like banana, mango n chickoo shud be avoided

Easily digestible protein such as fish, soy is better

Have omega 3rich foods..like..salmon,olive oil

Pulses shud be taken in limits

Go high in vit  c (red cabbage, red bell peppers, tangerines, mandarins, oranges)

Low-fat dairy products

Regular moderate exercises is very beneficial.. Brisk walk/yoga