cancer-icon
Stage 4 gbm
My father has been diagnosed with stage 4 gbm. His radiation therapy will end on the 19th of this month. Chemo will continue for sometime. I want to start with some alternative treatments to increase his chances. Can someone let me know if ayurvedic treatment can run in parallel with chemo and recommend a good ayurvedic place

Though your RT is over ..you will be on adjuvant temozolomide ..so we dont know interactions of TMZ with ayurveda hence wait till your adjuvant TMZ course is completed for  any alternative medicine

Talk to experienced oncologist online and get your health questions answered in just 5 minutes.

+147
Chat with an oncologist
Chemoradiotherapy is best available treatment for gvm in current era with proper scientific evidence.but other alternative treatment evidence are not there. But still you want to give ayurvedic medicines you can try.
it is not recommended plz take one treatment at a time
complete RT complete chemo
after finishing chemo...u can go for arternatives
Chemoradiation is intense treatment and combining additional alternative medicine is not advised.
dicuss with your treating oncologist with your concerns.