cancer-icon

Lung Cancer Stage 4

My mother has been diagnosed with Lung cancer Stage 4 and is presently undergoing chemotherapy treatment at Aster Medcity,Cochin. She has one more half chemo on the 14th of July 2016 and then has to take a Pet Scan to know about the present situation. She was diagnosed with cancer from January 2016 and has undergone 7 chemos till date. There is a big reduction in the size of the tumor which was seen when a CT scan was taken on the 2nd of June. I wanted to know whether this is curable with your help. Pls do help me sir

Doctor Answers (3) on Lung Cancer Stage 4

Dr. Shubham Jain Delhi | Surgical Oncologist
Metastatic cancer may not be curable, but we can definitely year with palliative intent. Please share the PET report for further advise. Also please share details of the treatment she has received till date
Lung cancer current standard of care internationally is - Lung Biopsy - To see Histopathology & to get done EGFR / ALK Mutation study.If patient shows positive mutation there is NO ROLE of CHEMOTHERAPY. Patient needs ORAL Tablets ( GEFITINIB / ERLOTINIB/AFATINIB ) . These patients do very well in long term. If EGFR/ALK is not done - please get it done and contact . With best wishes ..
Dr. Kaushal Yadav Gurgaon | Surgical Oncologist
If possible please share report of biopsy and previous CT scan and recent PET