SI Joint Dysfunction

The problem/pain started in my left lower back & hip area after a workout session in gym. Apparently I lifted little more weight in "Dead Lift" exercise that day at the gym. Slight pain started on the spot which is normal during workouts, hence I took it as muscle pain and thought it will be gone in 3-4 days like any other muscle repair pain but it Increased. So then I went to a Physiotherapist, He diagnosed it as "Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction" so then I took sessions of IFT with Hot Pack. He also taught me some exercises for the problem. The pain decreased from 100% to 10% within a week but that 10% of pain/discomfort/irritation took 6 weeks to go away with proper exercise and rest. Now that 10% of pain/discomfort/irritation is back again and any sort of physical exercise causes it. I want to know that what kind/type of doctor to look for? "Orthopedist", "Physiotherapist", "sports doctor" or any other? coz IFT sessions just suppresses the pain but I want proper solution.

Doctor Answers (3) on SI Joint Dysfunction

Dr. Anuradha Sharma Noida | Orthopedic Physiotherapist
Firstly this is not Si joint dysfunction OK its sciatica pain and aggregated due to heavy weight with exercise avoid towards bending avoid long sitting standing and do only stretching exercise and tk nw heat fermentation spasm is not clear so tk some time ultrasonic therapy it will help u
To make sure that this is not a spinal issue, consult a Neurosurgeon
Dr. Prabhat Gupta Gurgaon | Physiotherapist
Muscle strengthing is one of the proper solution, so strengthen ur muscle and also do some stretching.