Shoulder pain

I have been experiencing pain in my shoulder for the last 2 weeks. The pain is severe when I rotate my shoulder and I am not able put pressure on my hand as that in turn increases the pain. It is now spreading towards my neck and upper arm. Please advise. It's getting worse day by day. I have a tendency to sleep on my shoulder. Could this be the reason?

Doctor Answers (7) on Shoulder pain

Dr. Vishwas Virmani
21 yrs. of exp | Noida | Physiotherapist

INR 200 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
Hot Fomentation. Gentle Shoulder Stretching. Core Strengthening Exercises. Gentle Neck Exercises. Avoid sleeping on affected side.. Warm up and cool down is a must.
Dr. Rajesh Pal (PT)
16 yrs. of exp | Gurgaon | Physiotherapist

INR 200 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
As per the symptoms it could be because of Rotator Cuff Muscle injury.
wait for week if it is not improving consult with a good physiotherapist nearby You may require a MRI scan to know the cause. merely sleeping on the shoulder cound not be the cause.
Give Rest, restrictions of movement which is painful, put ice Pack 4-5 times a day for 12 minutes apply some pain relieving ointment .
Bangalore | General Physician

INR 250 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
Hello....... The most common cause of shoulder painand neck pain is injury to the soft tissues, including the muscles, tendons, and ligaments within these structures.Degenerative disc disease in the neck (cervical spondylosis) can cause local neck pain or radiating pain due to irritation of nerve root... Get an x ray and consult orthopedic surgeon
Dr. Anuradha Sharma
9 yrs. of exp | Noida | Clinical Physiotherapist
X-ray of cervical. Physiotherapy treatment. Avoid computer work and strain. Avoid heavy weight. Tk relaxing treatment
Pankaj Agrawal
15 yrs. of exp | Ahmedabad | Orthopedist
pain while rotating shoulder is generally due to spur or bony prominence in shoulder..you need to get assessed by good ortho in your area...regards dr pankaj agrawal shoulder knee and joints surgeon ahmedabad
Dr. Tanuj Garg (PT)
8 yrs. of exp | Noida | Physiotherapist
Kindly go to an Orthopedic immediately and for further course of action kindly consult a near by physiotherapist... get well soon and take care...
Dr. Aparna Pradhan
11 yrs. of exp | Pune | Physiotherapist
Please be fast , don't waste time go to near by ortho or physio . It seems like a muscles injury and inflammation is increasing day by day. In clinic they may do examination like empty can test which can tell us wether it's rotator cuff injury if it's positive then then take one to two weeks physio ,along with this there is a tendon tonic name tendocare which can help you in faster recovery. Do contrast bath i.e hot and cold fomentation for 20 mints. With physio and homecare if not improving then take an mri and ask again .will guide you accordingly.
Go near by physio or ortho clinic
No heavy lifting , twisting turning with affected hand.