Severe Anxiety attacks

I have been having anxiety attacks since the past few months. During this time my palm becomes cold, i feel my chest is getting heavy, i feel breathless, anti social, very emotional and experience heavy palpitations. But rest of the time I feel happy and positive. What should I start doing to fix this?

Dr. Diwakar Sharma
Psychiatrist 6 yrs exp Delhi

Hi there, The symptoms u just described are pretty typical of anxiety problem known as Panic Disorder. The buzz word is 'dats curable'. ( actually 2 words ;) This is due to psychological (known or unknown) stress expressing in form of physical, psychological symptoms. The uncoupling of this stress with these sympyoms involves therapy :- 1) medicinal or pharmacological treatment 2) psychological or counselling related treatment. 3) combination of both. All u got to do is see a professional of ur trust and faith ....and enable ur freedom from this problem. I hope this helps u but feel free to consult further. Take care Best of luck.