Reduce in mouth opening
I have a habit of chewing supari and due to this reduce in mouth opening.. and due to this I am unable to eat properly. even unable to take spicy food.. so plz tell me what is the precaution I have to take... and what is the way to avoid of eating supari

Dr. Nikhil Singhvi
Oral And MaxilloFacial Surgeon 8 yrs exp Hyderabad
Hi, The condition as u describe is supposedly Oral Submucous Firbrosis. Stop the habit immediately.. there is no other way you can solve this issue.. then there are few medicines, injections and if all in vain then surgical treatment for better mouth opening. But at first, stop the habit immediately and visit nearby dentist.
Dr. D Vinay Kumar
Orthodontist 5 yrs exp Hyderabad
This condition of yours is known as oral submucous fibrosis.First thing to do is stop the gutkha cheawing habit and visit the nearest Dentist for further treatment.