(1) two things to ask, has this protruding teeth happened now, at 32 years? Or was it that, you had it since long time.
(2) if this protrusion has happened in recent years , that means u have gum problem ( periodontal disease) u need to get it cleared first.
(3) if u had this thing since years, then u will have to shed some money for orthodontist. Metal braces are comparatively inexpensive than ceramic. But the metal wire will be seen in either case.
(4) lingual braces: orthodontist places wires behind you tooth, the metal things are not seen as before. But u might have trouble in speaking.
(5) Ortho treatment usually extends till 8months or an year, depending upon your decree of protrusion if ur dentist says that, your treatment will go for shorter time, u can stick to metal one.
(6) make time, meet an orthodontist, he/she will tell you the best treatment and cost accordingly. Also ask about orthognathic surgeries.
Hi, you can get the invisalign orthodontic treatment done, which is easy and patient friendly. .removable orthodontic appliances can be used. .or ceramic braces which are tooth colored can also be a great option. .rest a clinical examination is a must for effective diagnosis and treatment planning. .
there are many cosmetic options availiable these days for braces. you can go for ceramic braces. these are white in color and are not prominent even from talking distance. other options include clear aligners and lingual braces where we put braces from inside and no part of it is visible from outside.
also clear aligners can be used but that have to be seen after your teeh condition. aligners cannot be used in all cases. trust me whatever method you choose, you will be amazed by the results. Regards Dr Pramod
Apart from metal braces you got ceramic braces which will be your tooth coloured so it is not that much visible. The next and best option is to go for Clear Aligners which consists of clear tooth shaped set of aligners which will help in movement of your teeth. The main advantages of clear aligners is no one will know that you are undergoing a dental treatment. And you will not have any food restrictions. Oral hygiene maintainance will also be easier. Other options apart from this is you may get root canal treatment done for your proclined teeth followed by crown in which tooth angulation can be changed. But this is not best suggested.
Apart from braces you will need to go for capping in your front teeth for both upper and lower jaw to get the best possible result. Still the final treatment plan can only be explained after seeing the extent of the protrusion.
Dear Sir ,
Thank you for your question. This is a very common problem. Due to increasing age, this will become only more uncomfortable with time. But with modern day treatment, we can find a solution to cure it.
Generally, there are 2 methods of doing it.
The first and foremost way is to get braces which you definitely dont want to.
Braces are a good option because there is maximum conservation of your healthy teeth. I am sure you are against braces because of its metal wires and how they wont be cosmetically unappealing. But, In today's practice, braces are esthetically better. We can use invisible braces called invisalign braces. We make a sequence of aligners which look like a thin covering over your teeth, that slowly, within a year and a half, straighten your teeth. The treatment time depends upon the degree your problem.
The second option is using veneers or crowns/bridges. Veneers are coverings made to hide your malpositioned teeth. The treatment time for this is approximately a month. It is a quicker but a little costlier way. Crowns and bridges require more part of your teeth to be reduced and thus your natural and healthy tooth structure is lost.
In my opinion, invisalign is the best and most appropriate for your case. Pls search more about it and do visit in case you plan for the treatment.
Dr. Kanika Mago Sharma