Polycystic ovaries

I have pcos and I am trying to lose weight in vain. I need to loose 20kg atleast. Please suggest me a permanent diet change. I am non vegetarian and I have noticed that I lose weight when I skip carbs. Please help

Doctor Answers (2) on Polycystic ovaries

Dt. Itu Chhabra Gurgaon | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Hi, A PCOS is crucial role in the management of PCOS, not only for weight loss and maintenance, but also to regulate insulin levels. Whether or not you need to lose weight, the best diet for PCOS appears to be one that is lower in carbohydrates (especially sugar and grain-based foods), higher in protein, vegetables, and fiber, and moderate in fat. Also with diet comes in play is a regular exercise routine. It can be 30 mins of brisk walk twice daily/ 1 hr of cardio workout in gym.
Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello,usually pcos is associated with obesity, have more of fruits and vegetables, drink lot of water , avoid junk ,oily food items ,have food like chapatis, avoid curd ,ghee, ice creams , Exercise daily in morning , sleep well ,avoid worries. For ladies aerobic exercises and yoga works better .Skipping ,swimming ,cycling burns stored fat .