PCOS weight loss

Hi, my wife has PCOS, she takes Crisanta 21s. She is following strict diet comprising mostly protein and 20g carb per day less than 1000 cal. She also goes to gym 5 days a week 1 hr heavy excersise . She has been doing this over 3 months and In past 3 months she has not lots a single KG. With these diet and excersise any other person would loose several KG. I suspect this could be insulin and metabolism issue. What kind of diagnosis and treatment can find the case and appreciate treatment for weight loss?

Doctor Answers (2) on PCOS weight loss

Ms. Bipasha Das Delhi | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Hi
I understand both of your concern. Well, first check her blood sugar levels to check the insulin resistance in her body.
Avoid the aerated drinks, artificial sweetners, processesd food, refined cereals n sugars,soya beans.
Add green tea to diet. Rest of the things she should follow in right combination in right time. Consult any lifestyle n diet counselor.
Mrs. Divya Gandhi Delhi | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Pcod are at risk of having insulin resistance So get heR insulin fasting and pp tested ... If she is not insulin resistant then it could be possible that she is not eating the right combination of food... Rest it's very easy to loose 4-5 kgs in a month by eating the right combination of food The diet comprises of high fibre and high protein diet with the detox water ... Regards Dt.Divya Gandhi