Paranoid Schizophrenia

I think my Girlfriend turned fiance is suffering from Paranoid Schizophrenia and bipolar disorder . Because she thinks always that me and her friends are planing and plotting against her . She thinks that CCTV and microphone are installed in her room. And thinks I m not serious about her. Earlier she used to think all her previous employers were planing against her or trying to sexually advance towards her ,now she is jobless. She gets angry and suspicious when I don't pick her phone for 2-3 hours or my phone is off. How to make her see a doctor ? Or if there is any other medicine ...

Doctor Answers (4) on Paranoid Schizophrenia

Dr. Santanu Nath Kolkata | Biological Psychiatrist
I request you not to go for a diagnosis taken from internet or elsewhere (which is not given by a doctor). Going by the symptom profile it appears to be a case of psychosis ( schizophrenia comes within it). For proper evaluation, I request you to please visit a psychiatrist. Advice her to take her parents with her.
Dr. Gaurav Kulkarni Mumbai | Psychiatrist
You have been able to identify the psychotic symptoms in your girlfriend. If she has never been treated then high chance she will respond well to medications once they begin. It maybe difficult to take her initially, but at least her immediate caregivers and family members and you should see a psychiatrist. There are lot of ways to make her or persuade her to see a doctor as well as medications that can be administered to make her a little more co operative for the treatment. Which city are you from? Need to see a local psychiatrist. Do it soon.
Ms. Hema Sampath Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
I.am sure she should be unhappy about the proceedings of her recent happening in her life.
Tell her to visit a Psychologist /A Counsellor in your place to handle her present situation and the Counsellor will help her and guide her to take the next step in meeting a Psychiatrist.
Ms. Vidhi Shah Prabhu Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Hi, I think your doubt is spot considering the symptoms you mentioned are typically that of paranoid schizophrenia. You need to explain it to the fiancés family that it is a serious which should not be neglected. If they did so then the possibility of her getting completely cured would definitely reduce and the situation can worsen where it could result her harming someone else or herself. If the concern and care can be communicated in a delicate manner, the family might respond positively to your suggestion. You could also try one of the family members to visit a psychiatrist/psychologist who can provide psychoeducation to the family member thus creating an awareness and an eventual concern to take the right steps for the cure. Hope this helps, all the best.