Pain in Teeth

I am having pain in one of my molar teeth second last teeth on upper left side). Generally its when I drink cold water and also if I chew something (food etc) in that side. However the pain goes away in a couple of minutes. I consulted a doctor and he said the teeth is fine (without any infections). He did and X-ray and said it was fine as well.However he gave me a toothapaste but still I am facing the issue. What can be the cause for it?

Doctor Answers (6) on Pain in Teeth

We need to evaluate properly by taking few X-rays .. Paste will only reduce sensitivity but pain might not subside.. We have two clinics matunga and worli.. Do let us know if u have any more doubts
You dfinitely have proximal caries that caries between your two teeth u need to consult some other dentist you will short out your problem
See through examination with good quality xray requires in your case to judge your problem, you can take opinion from another dentist and get another xray or OPG done, symptoms suggesting of that tooth has some issues with it,you may require root canal treatment for the same..thanks
Hi..you need root canal for that tooth. Ask your dentist to get x ray done for that tooth.

Regards

Dr. Suman Makam Bangalore | Endodontist
Hello, Sometimes a cracked tooth syndrome or an attrited teeth could elicit the symptoms that you are facing.You need to see an endodontist who will thoroughly examine your tooth and guide you if a RCT is required. Regards Dr Suman Makam Dental Arts Bangalore
It appears that you have sensitivity with that tooth (Pain with cold water,etc) whch could either mean there's some underlying decay/cavity or the root of the tooth is exposed.
If you are not having relief with the anti sensitivity paste it would be better if you showed another dentist clinically and the xray to determine which your problem is.
It is difficult to properly tell you an answer without checking your tooth.