Pain in ankle

Hello Last week while playing football, i had an ankle twist as well as a back pain too. A part of my ankle had swelling but i did icing on it. Now the back pain is stopping me to go to my practice. What should i do? Thankyou

Doctor Answers (2) on Pain in ankle

Dr. Vishwas Virmani Noida | Physiotherapist
Stretch Calves Get a custom made insole. Hams Stretching. Sports Taping. Hot Fomentation.
Dr. Sharath Kumar Bangalore | Rheumatologist
Back pain is quite common and effects nearly 85% of the world population at some time in their lives. Most causes of back pain is due to some.muscle sprain or minor injury which heals on its own. This is born true by research that shows that majority of back pain patients are "cured" within 6 weeks even without any treatment. Hence since the back pain is less than a week old as you say just local msaage of the pai ful spot as well as mild pain medications and gentle exercises is all this required. You should be up and about and well in no time. Please consult a doctor if the back pain persists beyond 2 to 6 weeks.