Over weight

I want to reduce my weight in 1 month I tried gym I tried diet control bt nothing is helping me I m 68 kg and my ht is 5.3

Doctor Answers (2) on Over weight

Ms. Rekha Sachdev Pohani Pune | Dietitian/Nutritionist
U need to reduce 15 KGS that too fat.its not magic too lose in one day.i can help with 4-5 KGS weight loss in month.that too fat loss.without medication and supplements. It will be through diet and exercises only.
Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi.my advice is- you should follow a strict diet, avoid eating oily and spicy foods, avoid sugary substances like sweets and diary products since it contributes too much of calories. If you are a non vegetarian skip consuming meat like mutton instead you can prefer skinned out chicken 1-2 pieces which should be a cooked variety not a fried type and it should be only once a week or you can have fish curry not fish fry, since fried food substances have lot of oil so avoid consuming that.prefer fresh fruits like pears,apples, citrus fruits,jamon, berries like blueberries,raspberries and include fresh vegetables in the form of salads.have fresh sprouts daily in the morning. Prefer skimmed milk than regular milk which is low in fat. Try to include brown rice, oats into your diet instead of roti.prefer olive oil or if not available then sunflower oil for cooking. Avoid cocunut in your cooking since it is rich in cholesterol.prefer buttermilk and ragi gunji than soft drinks which again gives you extra calories.avoid junk foods and fast foods, prefer home cooked meals. Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated. Do daily morning jogging for 30-40min,skipping for 10-15mins, cycling for 30-40mins. Do daily morning meditation and yoga. In the evening do brisk walking for 20-30mins and do swimming for 30-40mins.if you are not satisfied kindly consult a dietician.