Over weight

I want to loose my weight...my brother is getting married on 28 April...im a vegetarian...so kindly help me and suggest me how can i loose my weight

Doctor Answers (2) on Over weight

Ms. Rekha Sachdev Pohani Pune | Dietitian/Nutritionist
What is your height weight and age.in 5 days to lose is very difficult I can help with tummy fat loss inch loss also and 4-5 KGS weight in month.
Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi.avoid eating oily and spicy foods, include fresh fruits like pears,Apple, citrus fruits etc but avoid taking it in juice form since it doesn't contain fibres of fruit and include fresh green leafy vegetables. Prefer skimmed milk than regular milk which is low in fat. Try to include brown rice, oats into your diet instead of roti. Prefer buttermilk and ragi gunji than soft drinks.avoid junk foods and fast foods, prefer home cooked meals.divide your daily meals in 6 parts instead of 3 meals and consume it in small quantities sufficient only enough to keep you active. Avoid ice creams, panner, dairy products,chocolate cake etc.Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated. Do daily morning jogging for 30-40min,skipping for 10-15mins,cycling for 30-40mins. Do daily morning meditation and yoga. In the evening do brisk walking for 15-20mins, learn swimming if possible and do it for 40-45mins since it is known to burn calories faster compared to other excercises..if you are not satisfied kindly consult a dietician.