Over-weight

Hi...! I m a hypothyroid patient.. I have tried to lose weight through exercises and diet. But, my weight continuously increasing. Can you suggest me about diet, to control and reduce weight...

Doctor Answers (2) on Over-weight

Ms. Rekha Sachdev Pohani Pune | Dietitian/Nutritionist
What is your height and weight may be methods u.r using is not in right manner. I can help with 4-5 KGS weight loss in month. Having thyroid is not a problem
Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
First and foremost you must understand losing your weight is a very gradual process. You should have strong determination and patience if you want to lose weight. And it cannot happen suddenly. Losingt too mich suddenly is also not good for health. You have to follow a strict diet and exercise schedule. Regarding diet - have small multiple meals instead of 3 big meals, eat food rich in proteins and fibres like egg white boiled chicken vegetables fruits pulses, avoid carbohydrate rich foods like rice curds oily foods sweets ghee and other junk food. Regarding exercises - start slowly with brisk walking, then change over to jogging, running and other abdominal exercises. Never over strain yourself. And always keep yourself well hydrated and enjoy whatever you do...consult dietitian they will do the needful.