Nutritional Supplements

I am a type 2 diabetic. I do not eat non-veg and any kind of fruits. I recently have joined gym. Due to improper nutrition, I sometimes feel tired and fatigue during my training. My trainer suggested me take BCAA-Branch chain Amino Acid. I would like to know that are these safe to take for a diabetic person? And what all supplements could I take under precautions (obviously) to have a fit and healthy body

Doctor Answers (1) on Nutritional Supplements

Ms. Riti Bhagat Gurgaon | Dietitian/Nutritionist
If you are not a hard core gymmer then I would recommend you to stay away from all kinds of supplements as vegetarian food also supply good amount of proteins and if you wish to take any kind of supplements please take professional help of sports Nutritionist who can guide you in proper way. Don't go with the labels on supplements which guide you how much to take as you have a Clinical problem associated.