Nutritional Advice needed

Hi, i underwent an intensive weight loss regimen and lost about 30 kg in nearly 18 months. All through this period i never took any kind of supplements or fat burners. Now, due to an injury i haven't been able to train for the past 3 months and as a result have gained nearly one third of the weight back! The sad part is these last kilos were the hardest to shed. I am really demotivated and am thinking about taking some sort of fat burners/cutters to kick start my fitness regime and pickup where i left off. The only doubt i have is do these supplements have side effects in the long run? I really want to shed my kilos but don't want to end up in a mess later on!

Doctor Answers (1) on Nutritional Advice needed

Dr. Swapan Banerjee Kolkata | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Hi welcome-  yes all the commercial fat burners have side effects like diarrhoea, allergies, fatty liver ,malfunctioning of enzymes, insomnia,  anorexia like no eating or hunger. Its easy to use any fat gainer or protein supplements for body.