dentist-icon

Mouth swelling

Dear sir/ madam my son is facing problem by swelling of his mouth, lips, hands, face when he is eating groundnuts, chashew, peanuts mixed with any type of food items or directly consuming the above items. He is avoiding eating those items but some how these items mixing with food he can't find at the spot. Pl suggest him how it will be cure and what precautions should have to take.
views-icons 69 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark 1 Share Bookmark this Answer
Bookmark
v

Answers (8)

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Suman Makam
Dentist 21 yrs exp Bangalore

Free 3 day follow up

Chat Now

₹250 for 24 hrs

Hello, Looks like he is allergic to certain things.You need to list out the probable allergens and also consult a doctoe regarding allergy tests. Regards Dr Suman Makam
Answered
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
YES NO
doctor profile image
Dr. Ajay Thakur
Dentist 8 yrs exp Delhi

Free 3 day follow up

Chat Now

₹300 for 24 hrs

Go for allergic test and be careful about any allergic eatable things.
Answered
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
YES NO
doctor profile image
Dr. Mathew Varkey
Dentist 7 yrs exp Ernakulam

Free 3 day follow up

Chat Now

₹250 for 24 hrs

From what you have written it suggests an allergic reaction..it should not be taken lightly..consult with a physician for a thorough check up and you may need to stock up some anti allegic medications just in case...
Next Steps
consult a physician or an allergy specilaist
Health Tips
avoid known allergens
Answered
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
YES NO
doctor profile image
Dr. N. Satish Varma
Dentist 14 yrs exp Visakhapatnam
Your son could be allergic to the above items. Kindly get a allergy test done in a reputed diagnostic center.
Answered
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
YES NO
doctor profile image
Dr. Puja Bansal
Dentist 18 yrs exp Pune
hello, you need to consult an allergist and immunologist for your son to pin point to the exact food item that is causing allergy. he will explain you how allergy can be avoided.
Answered
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
3/3 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
YES NO
doctor profile image
Dr. Dinesh B Rathod
Dentist 8 yrs exp Navi Mumbai
It can be a allergic reaction to those food items. Consult a physician and get specific allergic food detected through panel of IgG blood test.  Keep noting the food which he eats till we point out the exact item. In case of severe allergic reactions Dr. May add steroids which should not be stopped abruptly. Follow physicians instructions.
Next Steps
Consult a physician
Health Tips
Avoid those food causing allergy.
Answered
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
YES NO
doctor profile image
Dr. Shruti Joshi
Dentist 17 yrs exp Thane
Hi, maybe he has allergy to groundnuts, cashewnuts, peanuts etc.Avoid eating nuts ,take anti allergic medicines in case swelling develops but visit a physician who will guide you regarding this.
Answered
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
YES NO
doctor profile image
Dr. Angadi Suresh
Dentist 16 yrs exp Visakhapatnam
It's a case of allergy.nothing much can be done except for antihistamines ( anti allergics). Avoid such food . Over a period of time it may subside partially or fully.
Answered
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
YES NO