Metal braces

I am 26 now. Can I have braces now. If it is going to take 15 to 18 months to get over, then I am planning for second child, Is that possible. How it affect my labour pain,x rays for teeth?

Doctor Answers (7) on Metal braces

Dr. Mahantesh Bangalore | Orthodontist
Duration will take 10 to 12 months
Safe upto 2nd trimester
Even after that hygiene maintenance is needed
Completely safe you can go ahead
Dr. Puja Bansal Pune | Dentist
hello after the braces treatment you need to visit a dentist every 3 weeks and maintenance is required. better not to plan now. you can do it after the child is 1.5 year because it needs time and dedication.
Hi..no need to worry. You can go for it. Its safe.

Regards

Hi..kindly consult your gynaecologist before orthodontic procedure ..as such it's not a contraindication but you might have to maintain a meticulous Oral hygiene during the entire treatment procedure..orthodontic aligners is also an another good  alternative..
Hello, Mam,you need to consult your gynaecologist if you are planning for a child and take their opinion before starting any dental treatment.As such orthodontic treatment is not contraindicated during this phase. Regards Dr SUMANMAKAM
Hello... U can wear braces.. but in case u wanna straighten ur teeth without braces is also possible.. 2. Radiographs are taken only for confirmation if there are any submerged teeth. 4. U cannot stereotype ur treatment timing it can finish faster also. This depends on the amount of discripency 5. Being a adult u can also undergo Lingual braces so that u can avoid showing braces.. 6. Braces as such doesn't affect labour pain but good oral hygiene maintenance is necessary.. With regards Dr Bala Orthodontist Kilpauk-Chennai
Dr. N. Nanda Kumar Chennai | Dental Surgeon
Hi If you have braces where something which is comfortable on your teeth like aligners which is removable and still does the job considering you might have issues more important like pregnancy