Lichen planus on legs

I had my 2nd episode of lichen planus on my right leg in 2011. It's been 5 years now & the marks have not completely gone. The doctor told me no point in putting ointment because the marks are already dead & it will fade away with time. I'm applying extra virgin coconut oil which has helped lighten the spots. I tried aloevera in the past which helped as well. Is there any other natural remedy that can get rid of it quicker ? If it's helps I have hypothyroidism. Is there a link? Thanks.

Dr. Sandeep Gupta

No idea about naturopathy but q switched nd yag laser can be tried
Dr. Manoj Agarwala

Thanks for the query. It all depends on the severity and distribution of the pigmentation. There are multiple topical medications that can be quite useful. Certain areas which are redundant can be approached via Q Switched Nd YAG lasers, though few sessions may be needed. You can continue the products as moisturisers. Natural remedies may be of help  but I am not very sure of them.