Lichen planus on legs

I'm suffering since 5 years with lichen planus on my legs. Looking for a better treatment in Hyderabad. Frustrated with homeocare over 4 years of usage.

Doctor Answers (1) on Lichen planus on legs

Dr. Rajdeep Bangalore | Dermatologist
Lichen planus usually does not last more than 2 years. I hate to say this but homeopathy is as good as doing nothing. There are clinical studies proving that homeopathy is equivalent to placebo. Lichen planus is a steroid responsive disorder. There are also non steroid medicines like dapsone and methotrexate. The treatment will depend on lot of factors and varies from patient to patient. Initially I put my patients on steroids as other medicines take about a month to start acting. Once the effect of other medicines start I taper off the steroids to prevent side effects. If you are having it from many years it won't be very responsive to creams or lotions. Please visit a dermatologist. Get properly evaluated. The doctor will decide the best course of medicines for you. And please remember lichen planus is a very common skin disease and is easily treatable. Warm regards. Dr. Rajdeep Mysore. Chirag Hospital Bangalore