Lichen planus

I have got lichen planus on my foot 2 years back and was cured with Allegra 180 mg tabs and Halox s ointment. But now after 2 years it again started on my hands and face. Is there any high end treatment like surgery to permanently cure this? Any particular life style changes needed? Now me and my family is getting bothered a lot as it started on the face.. Please suggest me with the above .. Thanks in advance

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal
Trichologist 6 yrs exp Bangalore

Greetings. This is a medical issue and surgery would not be a treatment option. Yes higher medications and some stronger tablets would be needed along with certain creams for control of the disease. Kindly see a qualified dermatologist near you at the earliest. Hope this helps. Warm regards.
Dr. Anchal Shah
Dermatologist 8 yrs exp Ahmedabad
Lichen planus is a chronic skin problem, recquire medical treatment only. There is a possibilty of recurrence after complete cure. If number of skin lesions are increasing, it recommended to consult a dermatologist in person. They can start proper treatment after thorough investigations.