Knee problem paining since long time
She is having severe knee pain since one year, whether she is eligible for knee replacement at this age of 93

This treatment is being suggested on bases of the information provided. However  I would like to examine & investigate the patient in detail. Control  Hypertension, Diabetes or any other metabolic disorder, if there is any. Any way it may be tried, --. Dolokind Plus (Mankind) [Aceclofenac100 mg +Paracetamol 350 mg] 1 tab. OD & SOS. X 5 days. --. Caldikind plus  (Mankind) 1tab OD x 10 days. (You may need help of your local doctor to get these medicines.) --. Fomentation with warm water. Let the part not be exposed to cold. --. Sleep on a hard bed with soft bedding. --. Keep a pillow under the knee. --. Avoid painful acts & activities. -- .Do mild exercises for the affected part. --.(for exercises,take help of a physiotherapist or visit my you tube channel 'Dr N C Gupta yoga simplified') --Do not ignore, let it not become beginning of a major problem. --Do ask for a detailed treatment plan. Kindly make sure, there is no allergy to any of these medicines. --For emergency treatment Contact your family doctor or visit nearest hospital. --Wish you a quick recovery & good health. --I hope, I have solved your problem to your satisfaction.   --Kindly rate the answer. Dr N C Gupta MS (ortho).
Kindly send the status report of his present weight. Height X-ray /mri films kneejoints photo any other medical condition with relation to thyroid sugar blood pressure brain heart lungs abdomen pelvic organs and anybprevious history of any surgery. Consult me online they practo
Hi, Knee replacement surgery has not age limit. However, other health conditions are taken into consideration before attempting a surgery. In an active 90 year old with no Major medical conditions, you can go ahead with the surgery. Please visit your doctor who inturn will get the opinion of few more doctors like physician, cardiologist, anaesthesiologist, and so on depending on the pre existing problems, who in turn will assess and will comment on the fitness well for the surgery. Following which your doctor will take a call on it.
It is most likely arthritis in knee. There are options available- all of them are temporary apart from knee replacement. Try other options like physio, food supplements and injections first. It may give relief from one week to sometimes to years. Consult Ortho dr near by. In current situation use hot or ice fomentation and quadriceps exercises. For knee replacement- better to avoid at this age - it is better to asses her in person and decide. Once corona virus settles - consult near by Ortho dr in Person.
Get her evaluated by a Anaesthetist for PAC. Depending on risks and benefits you can take a decision. Orthopedic wise age is no bar for surgery provided your patient is walking and not bed ridden. Gives good pain relief.
She will need an examination and x Ray before advising Age should not be a criteria Medical fitness definitely is
Get x rays & see orthopaedic surgeon
Has she tried analgesic and physiotherapy