Knee Pain for 6 months

I am 34 year old male. For last 6 months I am experiencing pain in my knees whenever I do squats and sometimes climbing stairs. Please note that they do not pain while running or walking or playing any sport. Also, I never had any knee injury in the past. I feel the pain slightly more in right knee compared to the left one. Please help.

Dr. Vishwas Virmani (PT)
Physiotherapist 20 yrs exp Noida

Advice... Avoid sitting Cross legged. Avoid Squatting- Quadriceps Exercises- Lie straight, make a towel role and put it under the knee, press the keen against the role, hold it for 20 secs. Repeat 20 times twice a day. This will help relieve some pain. Core Strengthening Exercise- Straight Leg Raised With Toes Turned Outward, repeat 10 times, twice a day. Hams Stretching- lie straight, take the leg up, pull the feet towards yourself, with a elastic tube or normal belt. repeat 10 times, twice a day. Sports Taping- stretch the tape from both ends and apply on the affected area Contrast Fomentation (Hot and Cold).
Dr. Anuradha Sharma (PT)
Clinical Physiotherapist 9 yrs exp Noida

Muscular strain so tk tens and ultrasonic therapy
Dr. Sonia Talreja Dhawan PT
Physiotherapist 10 yrs exp Delhi
With the kind of pain you describe it sounds like arthritis..... Or normal ageing of knee in layman language.....since your age is less you need to control it sincerely.... Visit a physiotherapist near your area....
Dr. Ravi Nayak
Orthopedist 11 yrs exp Mumbai
You have described pain which increases on doing squats or climbing stairs. This most commonly indicates some pathology of the knee cap ( "patella"). You need to consult an orthopaedic surgeon/ knee specialist, who may prescribe some Xrays, and maybe even an MRI, if required for any cartilage pathology. The first line of treatment is usually physiotherapy to balance out the muscles around the knee. You may need to take medicines as and when required to relieve the pain. You need to avoid high flexion knee activities, eg. squatting, sitting cross-legged, floor exercises, etc. for 2-3 months.