Is Keto good for me?
My family has been on a keto diet for a week now. I initially joined thinking it's for a healthier body but stopped when I read online that the diet is focused on weight loss and/or other health issues (i.e. epilepsy and metastatic cancer control), neither of which I suffer from. I am a female weighing 116 lbs. May I know if I made the right decision of switching back to Mediterranean diet? Thank you and hope to hear from you.

Contact me through practo direct consultation
Ask me directly
Hi There is a ton of articles and propaganda on the Keto diet. To simplify this for you, ketosis is when you intake extremely low carbohydrates to make your body go through a process of ketosis. Basically your body goes through ketosis in which you produce ketogenic acid to break down your fat which goes out through your urine. It has nothing to do with the prevention of cancer. I am a clinical research specialist. We do a lot of cancer research every year. This is all just propaganda. Keto was usually used by body builders before their competitions to get an aesthetic shape in the body where they needed to loose a few inches here and there. Ketosis is where you are putting your body under extreme stress and making acid to cut the fat out. It’s poison for diabetics and it makes most people sick. Please opt for a diet which gives you a right balance of all nutrients and keeps your body satisfied. Focus of portion sizes and do not intake more than 20 GMs of added sugar per day. If the Mediterranean diet is helping you and giving you a good balance then go for it. I hope this helps. Please read my article on food choices in health feed Practo to get an understanding.
See, these fancy diet are not good for anybody. These ( keto / paleo diet) have many side effects Headache Irregular period Fatigue Dizziness Loss of confidence Low carbs flex Body pain Osteoporosis Vitamin and minerals deficiency High cholesterol And many. That is why being a dietician ,we won't recommend these diet to any body. We have an alternative diet to reduce obesity without causing any deficiency So if you want to discuss more, you can contact me directly through the link below
For more information and to contact me directly visit https://www.facebook.com/pg/doctorplanmydiet/about/ Thanks with regards Dt.Ankita

Keto soap side effects