Increase weight

Hello doctors,good morning,Am now 45kgs,and I want increase extra 5 KGS so any suggestions please help me.

Doctor Answers (2) on Increase weight

Ms. Rekha Sachdev Pohani Pune | Dietitian/Nutritionist
U need togain12 KGS to get strength and stamina. Still their are many stages of life which require u to be fit I can help with 4-5 KGS weight gain in month that too too muscle not fat.
Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello, 1.Include Calories In Your Diet- Everything we eat has some calorie content. So like we eat food with fewer calories to lose weight, we need to eat food that has more calories to gain weight. You need to take in more than 250 calories daily to add roughly half a kilo to your current weight. 2. Increase The Number Of Meals- Have six meals in a day – three big meals and three small. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner should be heavy and calorie-rich. A heavy dinner adds weight to your body as your metabolism is not as active when you sleep as compared to when you are awake. 3. High Proteins Along With Calories- Only calories won’t add to your body weight,include the right amount of proteins to your diet. Remember , if you want to put on weight and look fit, you need to build muscles not flab. Eat - Eggs, lean meat, fish, pulses, sprouts, and dairy products that rich sources of proteins. Fish such as tuna and mackerel are rich in oil and are one of the best ways to increase weight. 4. Weight Gain Supplements- Another way to go about this is by including some additional supplements in your diet. In some cases, just the diet and exercise may not bring results as quickly as you expect. Whey protein is an increasingly popular supplement that you can add to your milk or smoothies. 5. Workout To Gain Weight- Sometimes, gaining weight isn’t just about adding a few pounds but it is also about building muscles. The best way to go about this is to start working out. Developing your lean muscles as opposed to fat deposits not only makes you stronger but it also adds mass .