Hip replacement

Is hip replacement safe? I am an arthritic patient for the last 7 years. I want to get it done. Nowadays, I am little bit difficult to do movements as pain started. Is taking painkiller ok at any time? And I want to know the approx. cost for doing this surgery. And where is the best place for getting it done? And I am also thinking of doing physiotherapy, will it be usefull?

Dr. Vishwas Virmani (PT)
Physiotherapist 20 yrs exp Noida

Gentle range of motion exercises of hip joint, Hip abductor strengthening, Hip adductor strengthening, Squats and lunges.
Dr. Varun Aggarwal
Orthopedist 13 yrs exp Panchkula

Hip replacement is very safe procedure and also the procedure of choice for long standing arthritic hip. If painful then go for surgery. It's already been too long. No taking pain killer as self medication is not recommended. Physiotherpay can help strengthen muscles and prepare you for a good result after surgery.
Dr. Himanshu Kapoor
Physiotherapist 8 yrs exp Delhi
Yup its very safe, go for good orthopedic,  have surgery, followed by physio sessions,  within month you will be in good stage, stay healthy,  tc
Dr. Sachin Singh
Orthopedist 9 yrs exp Ghaziabad
YesTHR is very safeand highly recommended surgery so dont worry please upload your X ray if possible to analise
Dr. Amol Kadu
Orthopedist 16 yrs exp Nagpur
THR is a very safe and effective surgery and will give you pain free mobility. The cost of surgery varies from 1.4 lacs to 2 lacs depending on city, hospital and surgeon you choose.
Dr. Anantha Lakshmi
Cardiovascular And Pulmonary Physiotherapist 4 yrs exp Hyderabad
Total hip replacement can be done at the age above 40. Because the implant life will be around 10 to 15years depends upon the quality of implant and physiotherapy through out the life. As your too young orthopaedic surgeon can suggest you hemi arthroplasty which is replacement of half of the hip joint by observing the damage. First you need to consult an orthopaedic surgeon, take an x-ray then you can know how much damage is there and can be advised for the further treatment. The best home treatment for pain relief by hot and cold fermentation alternately for 3 to 4 sessions in a day. Apply diclofenac pain relief gel and cover the area with a sterile cloth. Electrotherapy: ultrasound and IFT are more beneficial -  consult a physiotherapist and make it done. Later you need to strengthen your muscles around the hip joint. Note: taking pain killers orally is not good for liver and kidneys. I hope this may be useful for you. Thank you..
Dr. Siddhartha Ghosh
Joint Replacement Surgeon 27 yrs exp Mumbai
Severe pain and restriction of movement along with the change in daily activities of living is the indication for surgery. Total hip replacement is cimoletely safe in expert hands.
Dr. Deepak Tamrakar (PT)
Sports and Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist 8 yrs exp Raipur
Is this your decision to go for hip joint replacement. You said that you are planing for  physiotherapy. If physiotherapy fail then go for operating hip joint. There is nothing wrong in it. After surgery you should be maintains certain precautions for life time. That should be confirmed surgeon which should you need to known before surgery.
Dr. Reuban Daniel C
Physiotherapist 12 yrs exp Bangalore
Hello, Saying 7 years of pain is bit more. THR's are safe these days. The best person to guide you would be an orthopedic surgeon . Kindly consult and then decide. Chronic pain might not be responding to physio as the problem would be intense.It would just give you a temporary relief . Kindly be guided
visit an orthopedic surgeon
Kindly follow some safe way of ADL