Gap between teeth

I have gap between my upper side teeth. I am wearing clips now. But I am feeling very uncomfortable wearing it.I want to get it removed. Is there any other way to close the gap between my teeth

Doctor Answers (5) on Gap between teeth

Hi, wearing braces causes discomfort and pain in teeth. But it is most effective and physiological way of closing gap between your teeth. If you are feeling uncomfortable due to its appearance then you can ask your dentist for invisible braces. But invisible braces causes same kind of discomfort only it's not visible in mouth because of transparency.
Braces is a long term and a very reliable treatment where in, its a bit of discomfort in the beginning. But slowly, u will definitely start getting used to it within a very short period. So be patient for a few days until u start getting better. Alternatively, u can also try invisalign which is not of much discomfort to u.
U hv another option in orthodontic treatment with out braces it is called invisalign or u cn go for cosmetic procedure with laminates /veneers in a short period.
Hi there if u donot wish to wear braces u can go for crown placement which can b done only after thorough examination of ur oral cavity. So I would suggest u to visit a dentist.
A oral examination is needed to find out the cause for gap between the teeth. It may be also because of different size of the teeth. Teeth capping can also be done in this case.