Fitness diet and protien

I just want to know wether taking suppliments such as whey lean mass protien good for health?. Because I usually go to gym and I have heard that taking proteins boost up the muscle gain rate...so i am interested as well as worried for my fitness wether if it has some side effects... so hoping some one to guide me... thank you..

Doctor Answers (3) on Fitness diet and protien

Dr. Farheen Hyderabad | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Hello, If this is the first time you are going for a supplement, then don't do it as this may not be a healthy option for this age. Rather you can start getting proteins from your diet itself and you can really do that. I will give you few tips to start with. Eating around your training is vital to your progress. You should be taking high protein and low carbs before workout and low protein and high carbs after workout. Low protein does'nt mean you should decrease your protein intake but don't add extra protein food to your diet after gym. while you are doing gym you can have fruit juices, water, or any healthy fluid to keep you hydrated. If you follow a perfect pattern you will not need supplements.
Dr. Swapan Banerjee Kolkata | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Hi welcome - you can start with Ensure or Musclesblaze with lukewarm milk or water 2 scoops twice daily one just after breakfast & next in evening or at bedtime. Focus on foods 100-15ogm per day animal, plant , dairy sources all protein which are even better than commercial supplements & can build​ best quality muscles.
Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
It will help in gaining muscle mass but it will have its own side effects... I would suggest you not to go for it...try to eat skinned out boiled chicken 1-2 pieces twice a week, fish curry not fish fry as it is rich in vitamins, eat fresh raw sprouts everyday twice, include berries and fresh fruits like avocado,pears, apples, citrus fruits all this things are rich in fibres and vitamins.... Your morning diet should include whole egg and a glass of milk, try to repeat this in the evening also....include green leafy vegetables in your diet. Milk products like cheese,panneer etc and meat can help you gain weight but since they contribute more towards fat and based on the history you have given, you need proteins instead of fat to build your body mass so avoid it. Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated. Do daily brisk walking, cycling for 5-6kms,yoga and meditation....if possible go for a trekking or join some rock climbing classes if such a facility is available in your place and do it on a regular basis which will help you in developing stamina....Consult dietitian they will do the needful.