Protein suppliments

Tried lots of diet charts to improve my muscle mass naturally but it did no help. Someone suggested me to increase the protien intake as indian diet are too low in protein content and that too of low quality as compared to western diet. I resorted to optimum nutrition whey protein power and have been taking for last one month. I did a search online about effectiveness and any side effects of whey protein, results were contradictory. Please suggest should I continue taking whey protien. Or should i go for blood testosteron test.

Doctor Answers (1) on Protein suppliments

Fatima Radhanpurwala Navi Mumbai | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Hello, kindly take protien supplements in consult with any sports nutritionist. Because there are calculations to be done to advice any person a whey supplements. As far as optimum whey powder is concern it is good. Also you can't go high on protien diet on your own as it may damage your kidney. To prevent damage you also need to increase water intake.