Felling of depression

I am not able to concentrate on things. The feeling of self hatred and feeling worthless has increased since past few months. Don't want to loose people who are around me, scared of telling my mental state as I think they will run away. My appetite is almost nill and having sleepless nights. Please help.

Dr. Sonia Malhotra
Psychiatrist 6 yrs exp Pune

Dear mam, Depression is a common and treatable condition. Accepting a problem and putting effort to get it treated is not at all a sign of weakness. Rather, it proves that you are a fighter. Please meet a psychiatrist and get yourself treated. You have all the right to live a happy and peaceful life!
Ms. Hema Sampath
Clinical Psychologist 11 yrs exp Bangalore

What is that you have lost or unsuccessful about in the recent past. OR Are comparing yourself with others and not feeling  good about yourself and feeling all those which you have mentioned? ??? If you are not able to discuss  or not comfortable  with your known set of people Do consult a psychologist in your city and learn to live a happy and successful life.
Harisha N L

Hello my friend...just remember "Broken heart and shattered dreams are key mentors for weaving a glorious destiny."...Consult nearest psychiatrist as you require detailed counseling session and you may require medications to solve your problems as many things can't be discussed in forum like this...With that fallow relaxation techniques like yoga, meditation,avoid alcohol, smoking, coffee, tea...have good sleep and develop healthy food habits..good luck
Dr. Sugandha Gupta
Psychiatrist 11 yrs exp Delhi
Hello, The description provided by you here is highly suggestive of an ongoing depressive episode. I would strongly recommend that you seek a consultation with a psychiatrist near you at the earliest. The psychiatrist will conduct a thorough assessment of your condition and then prescribe appropriate course of action. The best management for such problems is usually a combination of medication and psychological intervention. Do not lose hope, because help is definitely available, and your condition can be improved with professional intervention. Hope this helps you.. Best wishes for your health and future.