Feeling stressed all time

I m feeling stressed all the day from few months nd my behaviour is so agressive.I m suffering from hyperthyroidism from two years.I have irregular periods from about one year.I m unable to get proper sleep.I feel lazyness all the day.I feel I m stressed nd depressed.Plz tell me what is the reason nd what should I do ?

Doctor Answers (1) on Feeling stressed all time

Dr. Sugandha Gupta Delhi | Psychiatrist
Feeling stressed all day, irritability, poor sleep, lethargy, and feeling depressed all of these symptoms mentioned by you are suggestive of an ongoing depressive episode with you. Hypothyroidism is likely to be a key factor in causing such depressive symptoms. First of all you should ensure that your thyroid levels are under control (TSH, T3, and T4). Secondly you should seek consultation with a psychiatrist near you. Your distress and depression can be relieved through medical and psychological help. The doctor is likely to assess your condition in detail and provide medication and/or psychological intervention to you. Please seek an early consultation to control your condition, depression is a treatable medical condition and living free of such symptoms will help you realise your future potentials in personal, social, and career related areas. Hope this helps you, wishing you an early recovery..