Feeling sleepy all day

Hello I am taking my night sleep well wit 7-8 hours after that I feel sleepy whole day. I do not know why but I am feeling sleepy and not able to focus on my work/job. Please suggest me what should I do to avoid this.

Doctor Answers (1) on Feeling sleepy all day

Ms. Sneha Bhat Bangalore | Counselling Psychologist
Hey, Sleepiness need not just indicate the lack of sleep it also indicates boredom or lack of motivation in things you are currently engaged with. Find out if the sleepiness extends to all the activities or if there could be some activities which keep you engaged. If there aren't any, do consult a psychologist or psychiatrist. He/She would help you further. If there are some activities which interest you, please check your level of interest in your current job and find reasons for it to be not engaging you constructively. Have a target or goal concerning your job every day and keep yourself focused on meeting it. Check the extent to which your relationships have been keeping you focused Additionally include more of physical work in your routine. It could be jogging, work-out or playing some game. Finally get a general health check-up done, if it isn't done recently. Good Luck.