Deppressed & Overweight

Hi, I am overweight, I weigh almost 100 kg, I was always a heavy child now I have high BP, Got hospitalized twice. Now I feel lost, may be some sort of depression. I tried lose weight but couldn't keep up, I binge eat when I am sad. Can someone help!

Doctor Answers (3) on Deppressed & Overweight

Dr. Swapan Banerjee Kolkata | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Hi welcome - I don't know in which city you live in ?? In fact , this type of problem is very common now a days in India..so never be in depression. You can come online where I can provide a standard weight loss diet with some home based effective Diet plan.
Ms. Bipasha Das Delhi | Dietitian/Nutritionist
First you need to believe in yourself about the fact is any shape is good shape as long as you are healthy, happy and can carry that with confidence. There are many people out there who are have heavy structures n overweight, but as long as that's not harming you mentally n physically. So, try to get out from that idea that you will remain sad because you are overweight.
Now, if you think of losing weight, definitely a combination of diet n exercises required. Start with brisk walk and avoiding high carbs n sugar containing foods. Then for customized dietary modifications, consult any dietician or me.
Fatima Radhanpurwala Navi Mumbai | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Hello,  firstly don't be depressed because weight loss is not an impossible thing. You just need to focus on what you eat and what you exercise. Then think you can manage it well. Be firm and control your self when you are sad to avoid binging. Try to maintain food dairy so that you will know what are you eating is right or no. And get your personal diet chart from expert. If you follow same you can easily loose 3-4kg a month. Till then avoid junk foods, oily foods, sweets and bakery products. Try to indulge in eating more of fruits and vegetables. Also exercise daily.