Dental related issues.

I have caps on my front 6 teeth (upper jaw). I am not completely satisfied with them. As sometimes I find it a bit artificial. Even some people point it out too. It has been around 6-7 years I have these caps. Is there any other better thing that can be done for my teeth. As back then things were expensive and alternatives were quite less. I have seen lots of new things that are being done in place of capping. Please let me know if anyone has a solution.

Doctor Answers (6) on Dental related issues.

Usually metal fused ceramic appear opaque,in addition if the shape size(morphology)is not done to perfection it looks artificial, pl consult a good dentist, and ask for emax or translucent zirconia caps with good fabrication ur problem vl be solved
Hi we do understand ur issues about esthetics...as u said they r 6-7 years old and look bit artificial..first thing is the finish margins of crown and the opacity..if the margins r not sub gingival it wil look odd secondly if its metal with ceramic it might look more artificial..u can go for full ceramics, thy match yr shade well best of luck take care
Hi. You can go for full ceramic cap also called zirconia caps done properly by a cosmetic dentist. These look very natural and nobody can identify. They come with warranty as well. Regards
You can go for all ceramic crown(cap),all ceramic crown are expensive but they will look natural and more aesthetic as compare to metal ceramic crown.
The crowns that you have are in all probability in metal ceramic material. They have a disadvantage of being overly opaque and do look a bit artificial. However there are several all ceramic materials that can simulate the tooth to an extent that it is difficult to distinguish from a natural tooth. However for this you need a skilled dentist and a bigger budget.
Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello I understand your feeling. But to know what to be done with your caps one needs to see you caps to make an opinion. Need to on what do Dixon your caps are in and j suggest you consult a MDS in conservative dentistry to get a solution to your current condition. Thank you