Cyst in ovary.
I had late periods and a negative pregnancy test. My periods are 14 days late as of now so I got an ultrasound. I have a cyst in my right ovary. The ovary measures 3.9×2.5cm and the cyst it 2.5×2.4cm in size. Is this the reason for the missed period?

Dr. Swati Chitnis
Gynecologist 6 yrs exp Mumbai

You probably have anovulatory cycles. Cyst is small and it will resolve in next few cycles. You wait for another 2 weeks and repeat pregnancy test. If still negative, medicines can be given for withdrawal bleeding. Also, in case you have put on weight, exercise and weight loss will help regularise your cycles
Dr. Mamta Pattnayak
Gynecologist 14 yrs exp Gurgaon

Hi, it may be due to anovulatory cycle. But as you already wait for 14 days , meet gynaecologist and take medicine for periods .The cyst may be functional,  it will dissolved in next cycle.
Dr. K.S. Ramya
Gynecologist 12 yrs exp Chennai
Most probably. Consult a gynecologist for further management
Dr. Disha Sridhar
Obstetrician 13 yrs exp Bangalore
Ovarian cyst is a part of the same hormone  imbalance  which is causing  irregular  periods.
If you  really  want  to  know  the root cause of your problem and heal it permanently ,  please  read my blogs on www.truhealing.com or practo health  feeds. Hope that helps....
Dr. Rita Bakshi
Gynecologist/Obstetrician 31 yrs exp Delhi
Hello, You are probably experiencing anovulation. Cysts are small in size. Repeat the pregnancy test after 14-15 days. if the result is still negative, visit a gynecologist and take medications as prescribed for withdrawal bleeding.
Repeat the pregnancy test after 14-15 days.
Dr. Indhra Nedumaran
Gynecologist 18 yrs exp Chennai
May be it is physiological cyst. Need to repeat USG after next period. Corpus Luteum of pregnancy or persistent corpus luteum. If no period repeat pregnancy test after 1 week. Under the supervision of Gynaec

Twinged in ovary before period