Dengue cause late periods
I had dengue fever a month back and had to admit in hospital, first week of October. my last periods were in last week of September. Till now I do not have my periods. Is this because of dengue fever and medicines i had taken? How much delay it can cause?

Dr. Neelima Deshpande
Sexologist 27 yrs exp Pune
Thank you for your question. It is possible that illnesses can upset your period cycle. However it is always important to rule out common things first such as a pregnancy if you are sexually active. If not you can wait another 15 days before consulting a gynaecologist for help. Best wishes