Chondromalacic Patella

I have chondromalacic patella from almost 4 months and i have been doing all kind of Rehab/Stretching/Strengthening exercises from 3 months but still the pain in my leg persists. Main problem is during walking and I am not able to get to my original walking speed and there is lot of discomfort/pain while walking. The PT i am consulting says it will get better but its been long and now i am definitely scared, whether this problem is going to resolve or not. Have visited couple of doctors, everybody gives the same opinion of Rehabilation(Which i have been continuously following) but i feel we are not able to get to the root cause. My MRI says small ACL injury and a bit of synovial effusion and a bit of degeneration of meniscus but clinically all doctors say that I shouldn't worry much about MRI report and clinically all looks fine. My knee pain started in January in LK but now it's on both the knees. Please help in diagnosing the root cause

Doctor Answers (3) on Chondromalacic Patella

Dr. Rahul chepuri Hyderabad | Pediatric Physiotherapist
Hi !! Please try for k.taping for patella and practice static knee strengthening exercises along with taping !
Dr. Rajiv Mehta Delhi | Physiotherapist
Knee rehabilitation is a long process of 6 weeks approximately and even more depending upon ur physical activities so be patient and continue consulting a qualified and registered physiotherapist. Know us more at www drrajivmehta com
In such a situation where you are not responding to therapy as suggested for the diagnosis, then it's appropriate that you question the diagnosis. If the ACL is torn or the meniscus is torn, they could be the source of pain. Else you may be having persistent synovitis. I also suggest that you get xrays of your hips done. Often pain can radiate from the hips down to the knee. A proper examination of the hips and knees may reveal some of these other condition. You could consider visiting another ortho surgeon to get a second opinion. Take pain meds to see if it helps being shown inflammation in the knee. The ortho surgeon can write a prescription for you. I cannot prescribe meds as Practo prohibits me from doing so. Good luck!