Bleeding gums

My gums are bleeding without any reason. am having this problem from 5-6 years. i have halitosos from childhood. my mother also has halitosis but she doesn't have any gum problem. i visited dentist for 2 times after bleeding problem started. they did scaling and prescribed mouthwashes. after that i stared to brush at least 10-15 minutes daily and am using chlorhexidine mouthwash. but the problem still continuing and it's became more. my gums are receding and i have this problem mainly for front lower teeth and 2 teeth. i am taking more C vitamin containing food. but the problem became worse in these days. especially in the morning while waking up am having blood in my mouth. i have anxiety problem but am controlling that with yoga. can anyone please suggest about my condition and treatment? Thanks in advance.

Doctor Answers (8) on Bleeding gums

Hello..gum bleeding at this early age could be due to various reasons.you need to have thorough clinical examination to check for local and systemic factors and full mouth x ray .kindly consult periodontist .
Dr Shruti Agarwal Kolkata | Cosmetic/Aesthetic Dentist
You seem to be having periodontitis which has a genetic prelidiction  besides local factors, regular  gum treatment  is usually required to rectify this situation kindly see  a dentist for the needful also brushing for 10 -15 minutes do not really help
Firstly you should consult your dentist at the earliest.you need periodontal treatment.you should have done through cleaning of your teeth.you also consult with physician for gastric checkup.some time warm infestation may cause bad breath.
Dr. Sanjay Shah Mumbai | Cosmetic/Aesthetic Dentist
U may be requiring a proper periodontal care. Lasers can be of great help. There are a lot of causes of halitosis.  Hope u also floss ur teeth or use the WaterPik water flosser.  Anxiety also causes hormonal disturbances and swollen gums sometimes.  Plz feel free to consult Laser Smile Care Centre anytime. God bless u.
Dr. Kamini Singh Noida | Cosmetic/Aesthetic Dentist
A peridontist who is a person which specializes in this line of treatment, will be of great help to you in this situation.
The problem you are facing is related to gum disease. No need to panic and brush 15 times. Twice a day is enough.
Please without wasting any more time visit your periodontist and go through the prescribed medicines and treatment.

All the best !

Dr. Ankit Jain Delhi | Dentist
Dear Practo User, Thank you for the detailed description you provided. As of your condition is concerned i would suggest you to visit a Periodontist ( those who specialise in gums). A thorough checkup is required. Regards Dr Ankit Jain
Hi..you need to visit a periodontist and Orthodontist. You might need Gum flap surgery and teeth alignment procedure to solve it. Regards
Hi there are many reasons for bleeding gums. There are some underlying  systemic problems which also cause bleeding gums and halitosis. As you are a young patient better consult a periodontist who can do a thorough examination and can understand the reason and treat it. You can visit us at CosmeDent Speciality Dental Clinic as I am a periodontist. ph no. for appointment  238923743