Antibiotics

After rct , is it compulsory to go with the antibiotics.  After my wisdom teeth removal developed left sided tongue numbness,  how long it will take to go? After rct I need to go for crowns, that should not look ugly. My dentist advised me to go for metal crowns only, but I  want to go for ceramic, 

Doctor Answers (2) on Antibiotics

Dr. Bianca Nazareth Arya
12 yrs. of exp | Nagpur | Periodontist

INR 300 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
Antibiotics are hardly ever used after root canal treatment and are reserved for special cases. You can very well choose to go with a full ceramic crown..if your current dentist does not provide those restorations, find one who will. Sensation after surgery recovers based on extent of the nerve trauma. On an average it takes a minimum of 6 weeks and more.
Dr. Aarti Talikoti
14 yrs. of exp | Bangalore | Dentist
After rct, antibiotic prescription is not must.only if you there is infection we advice. Tongue numbness may be there for 2to 3hrs till anesthesia effect wears off. U can definitely go for ceramic crowns and for better looks zirconia crowns are the best.