Fed up of endless wait?
Look for clinic with Prime
Dr. Nilen Shah

Dr. Nilen Shah

Profile is claimed

MBBS, M.Ch - Orthopaedics



24 Years Experience Overall  (24 years as specialist)

Medical Registration Verified

96% (762 votes)

Dr. Nilen Shah is a Orthopedist in Kemps Corner, Mumbai and has an experience of 24 years in this field. Dr. Nilen Shah practices at Dr Shah's Clinic in Kemps Corner, Mumbai,Hinduja Hospital in Mahim, Mumbai and Wockhardt Hospitals in Mumbai Central, Mumbai. He completed MBBS from University of Mumbai, Mumbai in 1986,D. Ortho from University of Mumbai, Mumbai in 1990 and MS from University of Mumbai, Mumbai in 1991.

3 clinics for General Consultation

General Consultation
Joint Replacement
Search procedure

Mumbai Central, Mumbai

Wockhardt Hospitals


1877, Doctor Anandrao Nair Marg, Mumbai Central East, Mumbai, Maharashtra , Landmark: Near Agripada Police Station, Mumbai

Get Directions


06:30 - 07:30

Verified details

Common questions & answers

Q: Who is an Orthopaedist?

A: An orthopaedist is a medical doctor who specializes in diagnosis and treatment of disorders related to the skeletal system. An orthopaedic doctor attends to any disorder or condition or injury pertaining to the bones, muscles, joints, and ligaments associated with the skeletal system. These medical professionals treat conditions like arthritis, back pain, sports injuries, and leg and foot pain

Q: What is the difference between an Orthopaedist and an Orthopaedic surgeon?

A: Orthopaedists are sometimes mistakenly referred to as orthopaedic surgeons. An orthopaedist deals with conditions related to the musculoskeletal system. He provides pre-surgical consultation and post-surgical follow up. An orthopaedic surgeon provides same care as orthopaedist, but performs surgery as well. He performs surgery to cure back pain, ruptured discs, bone tumours, carpal tunnel, arthritis and other injuries.

Q: Does an Orthopaedist treat foot and ankle related problems?

A: Yes, an orthopaedist deals with musculoskeletal problems within the body. Problems related to foot and ankle fall under this category. Common foot problems like bunions, ankle sprains, arthritis, and sports injury are treated by an orthopaedist. Diagnosis of foot and ankle related problems are done through imaging tests. The mode of treatment depends on the severity of the problem.

Q: Does one need a doctor referral to see an Orthopaedist?

A: One can consult an orthopaedist by booking an appointment. Consultation with the orthopaedist is conducted in his/her clinic or at a healthcare centre. In some cases, patients go to a general physician for any condition or disorder related to the musculoskeletal system. Once preliminary investigation is done, the general physician may refer the patient to an orthopaedist for further examination.

Q: Does an Orthopaedist treat sport injuries?

A: Sport injuries are mostly related to the musculoskeletal system. Injuries like ligament tear, sprains, fractures, muscle pull, or bruises are commonly encountered in sports. An orthopaedist is the right medical doctor to consult for sport injuries. After physical examination, the orthopaedist may ask for imaging tests for confirming the extent of damage and then treat accordingly.



MBBS - University of Mumbai, Mumbai, 1986
M.Ch - Orthopaedics - University of Liverpool, UK, 1996


Consultant at Dr Shah's Clinic


59734 Maharashtra Medical Council, 1988

Trainings and Certifications

D. Ortho - University of Mumbai, Mumbai, 1990
MS - University of Mumbai, Mumbai, 1991
Report an Error