Fed up of endless wait?
Look for clinic with Prime
Dr. Pervez Sidhwa

Dr. Pervez Sidhwa

Profile is claimed

MBBS, MS - Orthopaedics, Diploma in Orthopaedics, FCPS - Orthopedic



34 Years Experience Overall  (34 years as specialist)

Medical Registration Verified

Dr. Pervez Sidhwa is a Orthopedist in Nariman Point, Mumbai and has an experience of 34 years in this field. Dr. Pervez Sidhwa practices at Dr Sidhwa's Clinic in Nariman Point, Mumbai,Bhatia Hospital in Tardeo, Mumbai and Masina Hospital in Byculla, Mumbai. He completed MBBS from Topiwala National Medical College & BYL Nair Charitable Hospital in 1980,MS - Orthopaedics from Topiwala National Medical College & BYL Nair Charitable Hospital in 1984 and Diploma in Orthopaedics from College of physicians and Surgeons Mumbai in 1983. He is a member of Indian Medical Association (IMA),Indian Orthopaedic Association,Bombay Orthopedic Society,Maharashtra Orthopedic Society and All India Spinal Surgeons Association.

Nariman Point, Mumbai

Dr Sidhwa's Clinic

67, 6th Floor, Lady Ratan Tata Medical Centre, M Karve Road, Cooperage, Next to PVM Gymkhana, Nariman Point, Mumbai

Get Directions

Common questions & answers

Q: Who is an Orthopaedist?

A: An orthopaedist is a medical doctor who specializes in diagnosis and treatment of disorders related to the skeletal system. An orthopaedic doctor attends to any disorder or condition or injury pertaining to the bones, muscles, joints, and ligaments associated with the skeletal system. These medical professionals treat conditions like arthritis, back pain, sports injuries, and leg and foot pain

Q: What is the difference between an Orthopaedist and an Orthopaedic surgeon?

A: Orthopaedists are sometimes mistakenly referred to as orthopaedic surgeons. An orthopaedist deals with conditions related to the musculoskeletal system. He provides pre-surgical consultation and post-surgical follow up. An orthopaedic surgeon provides same care as orthopaedist, but performs surgery as well. He performs surgery to cure back pain, ruptured discs, bone tumours, carpal tunnel, arthritis and other injuries.

Q: Does an Orthopaedist treat foot and ankle related problems?

A: Yes, an orthopaedist deals with musculoskeletal problems within the body. Problems related to foot and ankle fall under this category. Common foot problems like bunions, ankle sprains, arthritis, and sports injury are treated by an orthopaedist. Diagnosis of foot and ankle related problems are done through imaging tests. The mode of treatment depends on the severity of the problem.

Q: Does one need a doctor referral to see an Orthopaedist?

A: One can consult an orthopaedist by booking an appointment. Consultation with the orthopaedist is conducted in his/her clinic or at a healthcare centre. In some cases, patients go to a general physician for any condition or disorder related to the musculoskeletal system. Once preliminary investigation is done, the general physician may refer the patient to an orthopaedist for further examination.

Q: Does an Orthopaedist treat sport injuries?

A: Sport injuries are mostly related to the musculoskeletal system. Injuries like ligament tear, sprains, fractures, muscle pull, or bruises are commonly encountered in sports. An orthopaedist is the right medical doctor to consult for sport injuries. After physical examination, the orthopaedist may ask for imaging tests for confirming the extent of damage and then treat accordingly.



View all (4)
MBBS - Topiwala National Medical College & BYL Nair Charitable Hospital, 1980
MS - Orthopaedics - Topiwala National Medical College & BYL Nair Charitable Hospital, 1984
Diploma in Orthopaedics - College of physicians and Surgeons Mumbai, 1983


Indian Medical Association (IMA)
Indian Orthopaedic Association
Bombay Orthopedic Society
Maharashtra Orthopedic Society
All India Spinal Surgeons Association


47214 Maharashtra Medical Council, 1981
Report an Error