Wrist injury accident

Few months I met with a accident and I fall on right wrist , there was some pain but it gradually decreased . I don't experience pain while doing normal work but when doing sports activities or gym workouts I am not able to lift heavy objects as I feel pain in my wrist and have consulted ortho but pain didn't went as he suggested some medicines . Is surgery required? If yes then will it make the pain completely go .

Dr. J.Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
Neurosurgeon 17 yrs exp Chennai

Whether surgery is required or not can be decided by clinical exam, X ray, CT Brain, MRI
Pramod P. Ghiya
General Physician 28 yrs exp Pune
There are 8 small bones in the wrist (carpals), distal ends of 2 long bones (radius & ulna) and proximal ends of 5 bones of palm (metacarpals) in close proximity. Investigations need to be done to find out if there is any injury to any of them or soft tissues attaching them. You need proper clinical examination and MRI for complete assessment.