Wisdom tooth problem
My dentist suggested that I should get my wisdom tooth extracted as it is causing infection around it . But I'm afraid of the pain . is there any ways in which it can be treated without extraction of the tooth? Kindly help

Dr. M. R. Pujari
Dentist 12 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi..there is no other way. Postponing of treatment would invite more problems later. Get it extracted. Regards
Dr. Vishal Jain
Dental Surgeon 13 yrs exp Faridabad

If there is infection around he wisdom tooth and your dentist suggested to get it removed then you need not worry about that. Dentist will take care of you and will not give you much discomfort. Trust the dentist and the procedure and go ahead. Regards, Dr Vishal Jain Vitaldent India faridabad
Dr. Aarthi Shankar
Dentist 11 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi ma'am, If your wisdom tooth is getting infected and causing you problems ideally you should get it removed.This infection could spread to adjacent areas and cause swelling and pus.Wisdom tooth removal is a very minor surgical procedure done under local anaesthesia .Once anaesthesia is given u will not feel anything during extraction.After extraction u will be OK in a day or two.For pain u will be given medications.So be strong don't worry and get the tooth extracted.All the best!
Dr. Akanksha S.D
Oral Medicine and Radiology 8 yrs exp Bangalore

No need to afraid you should go with ur dentist's opinion,the tooth should be extracted otherwise it will cause more problem in future.
Dr. Govindaraj.S.J
Implantologist 17 yrs exp Bangalore

Wisdom tooth or third molar erupt at an age when jaw growth is complete. Meaning the jaw has deficiency of space. My strong opnion would be to remove the tooth rather than having recurrent problems. Its an opnion not just as a dentist, but having experienced similar problem myself.